Application Engineers for US and Canada
Position: Application Engineer (m/f) Grade: TBD
Reports To: Engineering Director Dept: Engineering
Location: Various locations, USA FLSA Status: N/A – Salaried
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
The Application Engineer primary responsibility is to support Sales in the pre-sales phase technically and ensure a timely and efficient execution of Sales orders from order to acceptance for orbital welding equipment and Integrated Solutions for welding applications within the geographic region or territory of responsibility. Maintaining relationship with all levels of clients as the technical face of AMI, is key in the decisions of our clients for our equipment and systems. The position reports to the Engineering Director in the US.
AMI is a low-volume, high-mix manufacturer of complex automated welding systems. Our challenge is to provide a global presence of our representation starting with Sales and Service function in areas to be developed to a well-established installed base with good references and constant and frequent order flow for new equipment and systems.
- Performs and develops customer acceptance tests and procedures.
- Validate design specification before product release.
- Technical support for selling Orbital welding equipment and Integrated Solutions for welding solutions.
- Preparing and executing welding samples in cooperation with clients.
- Prepare, plan and execute on customer visits.
- Provide frequent reports on project status.
- Generating of complex proposals of equipment and systems for customers.
- Provide equipment training to our customers.
- Visit exhibitions/tradeshows.
- Welding during workshops and product launches.
- Product, market and competitors analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree or technician with technical qualification in electronics or mechanics, preferably in welding engineering.
- 5+ years’ experience in Orbital TIG welding applications.
- Experience in other welding technology and metallurgy.
- Experience with buy off processes and procedure.
- Ability to prioritize, coordinate, multi-task, and demonstrate initiative.
- Ability to work independently as well as with teams in a deadline driven and global environment.
- Understands responsibility with a high level of engagement.
- Posesses strong and effective communication (verbal/written) and interpersonal skills.
- Must be proficient in English as the first language of communication both in verbal and writing - Other language skills are an advantage.
- Must be willing to travel.
If this position fits your skills, please email your CV/resume and salary history for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org